Blogathon 2010…Getting Ready!

Dr. V at Pawcurious is kicking this thing off at 11:00 am Pacific Time on Saturday, November 13, 2010.  I had to look up what that was in Central Time.  (It is 1:00 pm, by the way, which you probably already knew.)

I am so excited to be a part of this!  Here are the other blogs you should check hourly (YES even at 3:00 am.

how to do a dissertation

We will be up.  And we don’t like to be awake at night by ourselves.  It is dark.)

Pawcurious

BZTAT

Michelle at My Tail Hurts from Wagging So Much

Dr. Janet Tobiessen Crosby* at AboutVetMed

Dr. Laci Schaible and Dr. Jed Schaible at VetLIVE

Jen at Fetching Tags

Two Little Cavaliers

Also pay close attention to these participating Awesomes…

Adelaide

♥ Amanda Finch ♥

Biscuits by Lambchops

Pastor Scott Christiansen

♥ Russ Finch ♥

Speaking for Spot

Su Smith

As I hear of other participants, I will add them to this list!  If I miss you or a friend, please let me know!

Su is going to show up and do some amazing things, I just do not know what they are yet.  Check out what she ate for Blogathon 2009.  She is REALLY committed!The goal of all of this craziness is to raise enough money to train a Service Dog for Bradyn, a four-year-old boy who has epilepsy.  His Mom has already coordinated efforts to raise over $4000, and $13,000 total is needed.

Jump in wherever you can!  Of course, please donate directly to

A Puppy for Bradyn.”

Also, add to the conversation here and on all the Blogathon blogs.  Mention this project on your own blog, facebook and twitter (and the rest of those crazy social media sites I have yet to figure out).  Do hourly posts with us if you would like to!  You do not really have to be up at 3:00 am.  You could sleep like normal people.  Let me know if you would like to post a guest post HERE. I would love it!

Between us all, getting Bradyn his Service Dog is a very reachable goal!  Here we go…

*This is a random thought, even for me…Dr. Crosby does GORGEOUS glass bead work.  I hope she includes it in some way in the Blogathon.  Hey, then this would NOT be a random thought.

Tags:

14 Responses to “Blogathon 2010…Getting Ready!”

1. Mary Haight says:

Hey, Shawn – I’ll have to bring a flashlight for the 3 am check-in:)) No falling asleep at the keyboard!

Fair enough! Might have to get back into Diet Coke…just for the day! :)

3. Annette Frey says:

Thrilled to be participating again this year! And I probably will be up at 3:00am too!

Yay! I am excited to get to partner with you on such a great project Annette!

5. BZTAT says:

Thx for posting the video! I am glad I won’t be up all night by myself!BZ

6. Ferg_e says:

This is Bradyn’s mom! Thank you guys so so so much!

BZTAT…you are welcome! I LOVE the video – your artwork is gorgeous!You are welcome Bradyn’s Mom (I feel like a grade-schooler – that is how we addressed our friends’ Moms then, ha!) Your son is adorable and I love getting to be a part of helping him get his Service Dog.

8. Dr Laci says:

VetLIVE will be blogging hourly as well!

Yay Doc! I will add you to the list and check in with you every hour! Dr. Jed too? Blog loudly in the middle part – I am afraid I will fall asleep!

10. AboutVetMed says:

Hey I just saw this – thanks, Dr. Finch!I will be blogging at AboutVetMed.com. Tentative plans involve beads and staying up all night at the emergency clinic. :-D (If that plan works out, will write up the experience on about.com.Excited! I think we blogathoner bloggers should meet up pre-event to coordinate efforts.Janet

Hi Doctor! You are welcome! Yes, let’s get together sometime before 11/13! I looked back at Dr. V’s posts from last year and your gorgeous bead work was a BIG part of Blogathon 2009! So maybe I am not so random :)

12. AboutVetMed says:

heh heh. I was out of town for last year’s blogathon, but helped behind-the-scenes and donated these beads to the cause. I will have to figure out what to do with beads this year – open to ideas!

Beautiful! All of my bead ideas are completely selfish and would help in no way with the blogathon!

14. AboutVetMed says: