Max Glows

I know I ask you this at least once a month (I would apologize if I thought I could stop), but…HOW GORGEOUS IS MY CAT?? My Dad had a thermography assessment of our house done by thermographer Tom Fauble as a gift (Thanks Dad!  Thanks Tom!).  The goal of the assessment was to identify areas of inappropriate heat loss and any dangerous electrical situations.  My layperson interpretation of the very detailed report:  Not bad for an old house.

Tom came while Russ was at work and I was home, so as cool as I thought the assessment was, I did not fully appreciate it as Russ would have.  For you veterinary types, it was probably as disappointing to Russ as it would be to us if our spouse were invited to watch a limb sparing osteosarcoma surgery on a big beautiful dog, while we were stuck at the laundromat.

I tried to keep up, but I lost focus when I saw this GORGEOUS cat!  “Can you see Max through that lens?” I asked.  Not only did Tom show me, he photographed him and sent me the photo with the rest of the report, let me use the picture here AND offered to track down information he has about applications of infrared thermography in veterinary medicine!

So I meant to just show you this awesome picture of Max in all his (now confirmed) cozy warmth, but it seems the next thermography post may be even better…than this post, I mean, not better than Max, because that, of course, is impossible.

Happy Weekend!  Visit Two Little Cavaliers, Life with Dogs, and Confessions of the Plume for more fun pet blogs or to add yours to the Saturday Pet Blogger List!

Coming Monday to Riley and James!

Thermography and Veterinary Medicine

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to “Max Glows”

1. Kristine says:

This is so cool. What an awesome technology!

I know! I was first captivated by how cool it made Max (and the corners of our house) look but I am anxious to learn more!

3. kenzohw says:

Ha! it would have distracted me too. I think we also have to have such an investigation of our old house, not that I want a themo-picture of our cat … :)

I was skeptical at first, but it was a very valid analysis! If you get it done, you HAVE to get pictures of your gorgeous pets, you know, so I can post them here! ;)

5. Eeek! Very cool…but it sorta spooky at the same time! I love how Max’s nose is red in the photo :)

I know! It kind of freaks me out how demonic he looks! (He is not, in Real Life!) Now I will have to check if he has a cold nose…

7. Oskar says:

That looks cool!Nubbin wiggles,Oskar

8. We’ve never seen anything like it. Kinda spooky but cute.

9. wow! i’d like a thermo-picture of ME! i had a kirlian aura pic taken once. muito fun :)

Thanks guys! Georgia Little Pea – If you get a thermo picture of YOU I NEED to see it :D OO an aura pic would be neat to see too!

11. Bailey says:

Nice shot! Sooo colorful!Woofs & hugs!~Bailey

12. Wow, that is such a cool picture of Max! Its like space age! We want a picture like that of us!

13. i wonder where my aura pic is. it was taken many years ago, somewhere near byron bay methinks. if i remember, i was mostly red while my other half was a beautiful rainbow. sucky :p