The Farmer, A True (Short) Story

He craddled the kitten, in no hurry to move on to Other Important Matters. Every time I pass that farm, my eyes are drawn to the corner where the two sides of the fence parallel the two sides of the barn, but I have not seen either of them again.

10 Responses to “The Farmer, A True (Short) Story”

1. Hey, I like this. It’s succinct. And a mystery to boot. Maybe even a ghost story.And if I write much more, this comment will be longer than the story.

2. Pamela says:

Lovely! (I just got a message that my comment was too short. So again I say, Lovely!).

3. We remember the moments, not the days.Hawk aka BrownDog

Thanks Friends! Pamela, I had no idea comments could be too short! How funny to learn that at this, my first attempt at a short story! I LIKE your short comment : )

5. Jodi says:

I likey! Oh, and I need a “like” button for Georgia Little Pea’s comment :)

6. Pibble says:

You haven’t seen them because kitty is inside, safe and warm, being loved! Right? Am I looking too deeply for an ending? Someone tell me if I am… ;0)

7. Sage says:

A sweet remembrance that let’s your imagination complete the rest!

8. DogsMom says:

Poetry. (and now that I have been warned to write more)It is nice to take time with things that matter, and wonderful to notice them happening.

9. MelF says:

I love it. I always see things that make me wonder about the story behind what I am seeing. Sometimes it’s just fun to write the story in your head. You wrote it as is and left us all wondering!Have a happy hop!

Thanks all! It was just too striking of a moment to let just pass…I don’t know how to explain it better than that. (Beautiful Pibble – I do assume they are both happy and well – just NOW on to Other Important Matters :))