Tomorrow Will Worry About Itself

Our herd is down from eight to three, 37.5% of capacity, and we are not repopulating.  Fortunately, Max the Cat, Noodle the Poodle and Joy the Puppy all tolerate hugs*, because they have been put on Grief Duty.  I find myself asking “Who’s next?” and waking the poor things up if they are sleeping too comfortably.  Noodle has been known to sleep with all four paws up on occasion.  He has been the recipient of the rudest awakenings.

In an attempt to back off from this dangerous path, I am making the conscious decision to appreciate my pets on a day-to-day basis and enjoy the time I have with them.  Yes, approximately 67% of the remaining herd is oldie-old, but they are also all healthy, and probably tired of being included in my late night panics.  So hold me accountable.  There is much grieving yet to do, but I do not want to miss out on today.

I can’t really pull myself out of this of course, even with all of your wonderful support (And you ARE wonderful – thank you so much for walking through this with us) – This is going to take the power of God Himself.  While I hope you are in a happier season, this next quote is a good reminder to us all, and then a word of “encouragement” from my very favorite singer ever, Rich Mullins.  And then, I will come visit the blogs of other pet blogger friends on the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop.  And then…I am going to go hug my cat.

See full size image

“Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

-Jesus

“It’s hard to be like Jesus.”

-Rich Mullins

*Note:  Hugging most dogs is ill-advised.  Normal dogs do not like hugs.  Hugging most cats is just asking for it.  Our pets are all sorts of special.  Do not attempt this at home unless you are a Trained Pet Hugger.  I am not.  I just have really tolerant pets.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Tomorrow Will Worry About Itself”

1. Elizabeth says:

I very much like the quotes because they are true. It *is* so hard to have multiple seniors.On my way to attempt some hugs…

Thanks Elizabeth! ((hugs))

3. i have to admit, after jordan died, i would watch rufus while he slept, just to check that his rib cage was still moving. if i couldn’t be sure, i would wake him up by screaming his name or poking him. poor old fella. i’m sure he’s glad i’ve moved on from that phase.you’re so right about the huggability factor. i feel such a grinch for telling kids not to hug rufus who looks like a giant teddy bear to them.i hope you haven’t got a thing about hugging because i’m sending you A BIG ONE right now xox

Georgia Little Pea – Glad to hear it is a phase! My poor pets! I love hugs – thanks I needed that : ) (((hugs))) xox

5. Kristine says:

I have very tolerant pets too. :-) I am thankful for that fact every day.I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time. There are no words that can make it better but I am sure you know you are definitely not alone. My biggest and best hugs to you and your family.

Thank you Kristine! That is just what I (we) need right now ♥

7. That must be really hard to have to be losing so many little friends at once. :( But just think… they are all partying wildly together at the Rainbow Bridge!

Thanks guys. You are right. It helps to know they are happy and with friends.

9. Pup Fan says:

Sending you lots more hugs… I’m sure your pets won’t mind giving you all of the puppy and kitty hugs you need to get through this.

Thanks Pup Fan ♥