I have not been posting at Riley and James for quite some time. And I have missed it. The only things I love more than Riley and James are Riley…and James!
So here is a post to get started again. I will try to post once or twice a week. I do have cute pet pictures and good stories. Life has just been busy (good busy!)
Here are my
excuses exciting life events:
- I am working much more than I had been and at a job I love. Just for the straight-forward time management aspect, I have had less time to write rough drafts, which is the majority of the time it takes me to write stuff. Also, having a job I love, I have found I do not need the stress-relief of writing as much as I did. I do need YOU though. And I do love writing, and all things pet and veterinary. So I will try to start up again!
- I have new projects going on! OK, Life with Dogs is not new, but much of my writing energy is going into my weekly articles on that site. It has been super fun, and made me focus on actual medical education, something I
drift from here on occasionrarely talk about here!
- I have been drawing and coloring. Which sounds silly. But it is helping. And it is fun.
- I just joined the Editorial Advisory Board of Veterinary Economics too! Woo! That has been fun. So much of the time I DO have for rough draft writing has been spent elsewhere.
- To be honest, for the first four months of the job transition, when I was not at work or somewhere I had to be, I was sleeping. I struggle with depression. I had alot to process. I internalize things to process them. Then I wake up and life is awesome again. I mean, it has been the whole time. But now, I am, you know, awake more :)
So I think things are back to a healthy balance. I will return to at least weekly posts. I will let you know if things are rough instead of withdrawing into myself. If I don’t show up for a bit, assume I am busy reading YOUR blogs, or out walking the dogs or playing in the garden!
Coming Soon on Riley and James if I Get My Act Together:
- Book reviews – The Happiness Project, The Thank You Economy and Confessions of a Surgeon (Five stars! They are all excellent!!)
- A product review of Pet Naturals Dog and Cat treats (Five stars!) and some other stuff (Five stars!)
- The story of Joy the Puppy’s most recent preschool visit
- As many pictures as I can take of the visit of our Goldendoodle puppy cousin, Bailey, who is on her way to our house right now! (We love you Joe and Nikki ♥♥♥)
- More short stories
- Good stuff from Nebraska Equine Association’s Horse Fair this coming weekend. I will be speaking on pet and horse therapy. And mostly just absorbing awesomeness from the Real Horse People there! I will let you know what I learn. And show you pictures of all of the beautiful horses!